Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Quick Note on Commenting


Hi Guys,

Just a quick note on the new commenting system. I have installed Intense Debate to replace bloggers standard comments. I
t looks very different and isn't as clean looking as I would like but it has a couple of upsides.

  • You can now use your Twitter account to comment if you would like (If you do this I shall like add your to my Twitter Followers)
  • You can use you Intense Debate account to comment (That is what that login button is for) or your OpenID if you have one.
  • You can also still comment without having to login at all
  • Threaded commenting is now available meaning that if someone replies to your comment it will show up underneath rather than at the bottom of the stack. You can also subscribe to Replies to your comments as well as the whole lot.
  • You can now have an Avatar next to your comment using Gravatar which is also used on sites such as Chalkbored

There is also the downside of no longer being able to log in with your blogger/google account but I think the upsides outweigh this.
If you have a blog/website put it in the "Website" field and it will turn your name into a link to your site. I will definitely check it out and you might find yourself in Link Love at some point.

I will be writing up a commenting policy sometime soon but in the mean time check out my post on How to Be a Good Commenter

Also I reply to every comment I get so make sure you subscribe to comments or check back!


So Tell me what you think People. Comment and try out the new system. Let me know what you love or loath about it.

Love and Obsessions
Miss Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin