I am addicted to Twitter. Whole heartedly. It came to me when I was walking home in the rain shielding my phone so I could send a tweet complaining about the rain! And thus I started composing this post. I am probably missing alot the signs of Twitter Addiction so feel free to add them in the comments!
1. The first thing you do when you wake up is to announce your presence to Twitter.
2. You Tweet people who are in the same house as you.My sister and I do this frequently...
3. Your friends no longer call you to find out how life is going since they now follow your every move on Twitter.
4. You use hash tags in IM conversations with friends. Extra points if you do it outloud in RL.
5. You have more than one Twitter Ap (eg. Twitteriffic, Tweetie, TweetDeck, Twirl or Digsby) installed on your computer and your choosen one runs automatically when you start the computer.
6. When you cant twitter you start to get withdrawl symptoms such as talking to yourself (but only in 140 characters or less).
7. You follow important news via "Trending Topics" i.e You heard about Michael Jacksons death via Twitter.
8. You need to log off Twitter or you dont get any work done... But you are still logged in.
9. You are constantly harassing friends and family to join Twitter. My Mother, Sister, Best Friend, Boyfriend and Assorted other people in my life are all on Twitter.
10. You walk into and trip over stationary objects because your Tweeting on the go... then you Tweet that you just fell over.