Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween Cupcakes


Halloween Cupcake with Chocolate Spiderweb


So I attempted baking again, this happens every 6 months or so with varying results. It is usually for an event of some sort like a birthday or a party. This time it was for a halloween party. I had so much fun making the spider webs for these! 
Chocolate Cupcakes with Orange Coloured vanilla icing and Chocolate Spider web decorations. 
The cupcakes are from packet mix, the icing is your standard Butter, Icing Mix and Milk affair. The spider webs however took some doing (but were no where near as hard as I thought!)
I used this template which I found via Amazing Moms Blog and followed her instructions. I did use dark chocolate rather than white and I piped my icing on using a star tip. There are a lot of amazing tutorials on youtube on how to pipe icing I discovered and its no where near as hard as it looks! 
Couple of things, it pipes better once is a bit cooler (e.i not burning your fingers hot and running out the end of the bag) Perfect spiderwebs are not a requirement in fact they look better once dry a little blobby as seem above! 
But once completed taste awesome! Baked anything cool/yummy/fun lately lovelies? 



Love and Obsessions 

Miss Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin