Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

New Specs!








I like wearing glasses, everyone in my family wears glasses and considering I work for an optometrist for a living I am well aware of how a new pair of specs can change a persons whole look and sometimes outlook! I got my old pair of glasses about a year ago (right after I started working at my job) and I get loads of compliments on them. 

Miss Addict wearing her old glasses and a top hat! 
Miss Addict in Old Glasses
I didn’t take excellent care of them and now they have a scratch on the lens and the colour is coming off a little (not that anyone but me would notice) so I decided I wanted a new pair. My first pair took me 6 weeks to choose. My new pair took me about 6 months. I wanted a really light colour as black frames just washed me out, I wanted them to be simple on the sides as I don’t like bling and I wanted them to match my face perfectly! 
A simple task it was not! I tried on at least a hundred pairs of frames, every time one of our brand reps would come in I would try on nearly everything that looked vaguely possible! 
Finally these babies came along! Lovely Dior Frames in a gorgeous champagne colour! Perfect. I ordered them on the spot! 
Miss Addict in Her New Dior Glasses

Actual colour of my new glasses
So far with my new pair I have received a lot of compliments as well which is nice.  
A couple of tips for picking glasses: 
  • If the frames looks to big/small ask if it comes in a smaller/bigger size. Most optical frames come in multiple sizes (Sunglasses usually only come in one)
  • Black washes a lot of people out!  If you like the style ask if it comes in a tortoise shell. Tortoise shell acts like a neutral, is more flattering on nearly everyone than black and is readily available in most designer frames! 
  • Don’t be overly concerned about how the frame fits when trying it on. If its to loose or slides down your nose the practice will be able to adjust the fit on most frames for you. If your not sure ask if it can be adjusted to fit as some things can be adjusted and somethings can't! 
  • Anti Reflective/Multi coatings are worth the extra cost! . They allow the light to pass through the lens which is what makes it way easier to see your eyes. It is more attractive and more comfortable to wear. If you look at my photos you can barely (if at all) see my lenses! 
  • I am always honest with customers about whether I think a frame suits them, and I spend a lot of time everyday helping people pick frames. However not every Customer Service Rep is going to be as honest. If you think they are just trying to get you to buy the frame come back with a friend. 
  • Try on anything that you like the look of, even if its super different to what you already have. You might look silly or it might look fantastic! You never know til you try them on!

  • Please do not say “You are going to hate me” or “Im really fussy about my glasses” Everyone is! If I had a dollar for every customer who said this to me I would be rather well off! 
Finally I had a little old lady tell me that “Picking glasses is like picking a new nose!” By which she meant Glasses are like feature of your face just like your nose so you want to get something that suits you, looks good, is comfy and that you can live with seeing everyday! 


Love and Obsessions,


Miss Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin