Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Geek Style: Alice in Wonderland Inspiration.

Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland opens March 5. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. As a kid I loved the movie and books and seeing as Tim Burton is one of my favourite movie Directors of all time the combination is just to delicious. The early trailers look amazing, filled with bright colour and a new take on the story which is what we have come to expect from Mr. Burton. Said to be an “extentension” of the original books Alices Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (by which I assume Mr. Burton has taken liberties with the story) it promises to be a gorgeous visual feast at the very least!
So I decided to do an Inspired Style Post based on how I would dress as some of the characters from Alice in Wonderland!
Alice:

I never really liked Alice all that much. Especially in the disney movie I found her to be vapid, whiney and just rather.. well annoying! If I was going to dress as Alice (and a grown up version that Mr. Burton is portraying) this is how I would do it! Alice is said not to quite fit into victorian society so why not go all out. Blue and White are obviously Alices Signature colours are blue and white so I continued that theme + a more grown up version of her little black shoes.
Alice is being played by 19 year old Australian Mia Wasikowska.
The White Rabbit:

Poor Rabbit. Always in a hurry. The guy needs a holiday. Obviously needed to go with a theme of White. The quintessential pocket watch, ultimate accessory for a time poor bunny. The Red Jacket is also essential as in all the pictures (new and old) of the White Rabbit he is pictured in a red coat. A bag to hold all the important documents a Rabbit who works for a Crazy Queen could need, Comfy flats for being on the run and the ruffle just for fun!
The White Rabbit is voiced by Michael Sheen best known for his role as Lucian in Underworld.
Cheshire Cat:

The Cheshire Cat was always my favourite! Crazy, Fun and Brightly coloured! Whats not to love! I went all out with the crazy colours on this one and trust me if I could afford this outfit I would wear it often!!! Pink and Purple are the colours of the Cheshire cat to me (no matter what Tim Burton has done and made him blue...) The necklace is actually an official piece of merchandise but I think the Cat himself would wear his own merchandise.. don't you? This look obviously requires dual coloured nails, purple and pink eyeshadow and cats eye eyeliner!
The Cheshire Cat is being voiced by Stephen Fry. One of my All Time Favourite Actors! *Squee*
Mad Hatter:

After the Cheshire Cat, The Mad Hatter was next in my affections (followed by The Caterpillar) Mental, Mad and a Bit Silly. The Mad Hatter always stole the show for me. The Tim Burton version is said to have more depth and polish (what else would we expect)
So I decided to go classy with this look. Still mad but more cohesive than you would expect the actual Mad Hatter to dress. Corset, Latex leggings topped with Bright Makeup (Lime Crime Lipstick Featured here) would be a must as well as of course Tea Cups! These feature butterflies as the handle which I thought was just to fitting!
The Mad Hatter is being played by Johnny Depp
The Red Queen:

Poor Queenie. So much anger and stress. I never had any strong feeings about her as a child (Really couldn’t blame her for not liking Alice as I didn’t either) but she offers some rather fun wardrobe choices! Rose Pattered Skirt as a reference to Painting the roses red, the Playing cards ring, I love Revenge (reference to “Alice has Returned to Wonderland) I carried the pattern through to the shoes. Red Nail and Lipstick of course. A Queen must Scream “Cut of Their Heads” in style after all.
The Red Queen is played by Helena Bonham Carter
Other people in the film of note include Anne Hathaway as The White Queen, Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar, and Matt Lucas as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts.
Are you excited peoples? How would you dress as the characters? Comment and let me know your thoughts on the upcoming Alice in Wonderland Movie by Tim Burton.
Love and Obsessions
Miss Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin